• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Im finally a member of the club!

Smokinyoda

I have finally joined the 5-ton club! :D

Brought my new toy home today, a 1970 M818 that has only 4k miles showing since 2002 depot rebuild. And judging by the looks of her I would say that the mileage is correct.

Thanks to member treessw, who let me "steal" her from him. He had just finished singling her out with 14.00r20's on 2 piece wheels. I was up at his place a couple weeks ago picking up a towbar when he mentioned he might be selling her, after looking her over I knew I had to have her. I cant thank him enough for his help in this.

After the 150 mile trip home, all I can say is WOW!!! I love the power steering, and the power of the cummins. No more downshifting to climb small hills like I do in the deuce. Will miss running wmo (free fuel), especially the first time I have to fill both tanks up. :-( But I new this wasn't going to be a cheap hobby when I got into it.

You can really appreciate how tall she is by the 2 pics of soldier B standing next to the fender on the deuce, and then the 5 ton.

Now I just have to find a winch!!!:grd:

Attachments

treessw

Glad you made it home safe. She is a good truck, hated to see her go, but I am glad she found a new home with caring owners!!!!!! You were like a kid in a candy store driving that thing rofl

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to get a 5ton myself, but the prices have gone insane. When I bought my deuce about 5 months ago, they went for 3-5K, Nice 5tons went for 2500-3100. Last auction near here the two 5 tons went for 5,000-6500!!!!!

Smokinyoda

Here is a pic of the 818 head to head with my m35a2c, makes the deuce look like a pickup!

I cant believe it took me this long to buy a 5-ton, I am hooked and will probably be selling the deuce and a couple cucvs to make room for another 5-ton!rofl

Only issue so far is the tach not working right. with the cable screwed in to the tach nothing, but if i unscrew it and pull it almost all the way out it works fine...:cookoo: Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

treessw

Great looking truck, and I'm glad to see treessw is putting those 14r20 tires he picked up to good use on that truck, it really makes the truck look that much better.
Sure looks like it. Hard to tell without the super singles stacked on the rear deck!
Hey treessw, is that the truck you recovered from Wright-Patt last year??
Yeah thats the truck I got last year at wright pat!!!!. Does look a little differnt with out the tires on the back. The tires I got from you Indy I still have, using them for a diff project!!![thumbzup]

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great lookin truck and YES it certainly is BIG, and I am glad that you stopped fighting the 5 ton itch, its truly unstoppable and the price of things goes up accordingly, I bit a few months ago I knew a 5 ton was going to happen just didnt think it would be so soon, WELCOME to the club!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks