• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Important M35A2 brake switch info!!!!!!!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I was poking around my M35A2C last night, and was looking at the airpacks tracking down a brake fluid leak. I found it... .. I have the old style switches on mine, (and I 95% of the rest of you guys do to), and thats what caused the leak... Mine was just starting to leak, but Im glad I caught it..

I just ordered my kits from Saturn Surplus for $38.50 each... They call it a Brake Switch Upgrade Kit, NSN 2530-01-105-5025. A small price to pay for NOT losing brakes on the road.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/pub/psissues/631/631-19.pdf has a nice picture of the old and new switches. If you switch is on the end of the air pack, you have the old style.

Remember if you have a USAF M35A2C with the dual brake system, you'll need 2 of the kits, one for each air pack. Seems the factory didnt put them on the 1987 on up M35A2C's even though the GOVT knew the old switches were bad.