• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inaccurate speedometer

Triple C

For some time I have suspected the speedometer on my 1985 925A1 was off. I checked it today against a handy dandy Android App and the speedometer is 7.5 miles slow. When the speedometer shows 40, I am actually going 47.5. Anyone else having this issue? My truck looks like it was cobbled together, tricolor camo bed, desert sand cab and chassis. It isn’t really a problem, just thought I would let folk know in case they need to check.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The a1 & a2 with super singles have a speedo gear reducer/adapter. Not sure of the "technical name" to give an accurate reading. I would suspect this gizmo is missing or not working.

Triple C

I did check it against a couple of other vehicles. I don't think I will chase that gizmo, I will just adjust my speed accordingly. That does help explain why my front tire came to pieces on recovery. That would have meant I was going about 65-67 a lot of the way and only running about 45 lbs air pressure. I wasn't a member of the site yet and hadn't read the TM's!

Artisan

My M925A1 is off about 8-9 mph as well.
It is pretty much standard on these trucks I am told.

Get a GPS and look at your spped with that. my new
magellan says I roll at 68.3-4 MPH on a flat road, pedal
to the metal.

It is more fun at about 50 real speed though...IMO

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glenn in KS gets lots of trucks with super singles. He should be able to source one. I think they connect to the speedo and the cable goes to the adapter. I don't have one (mine is plain jane) so double check me but that is what I recall seeing.

Triple C

My M925A1 is off about 8-9 mph as well.
It is pretty much standard on these trucks I am told.

Get a GPS and look at your spped with that. my new
magellan says I roll at 68.3-4 MPH on a flat road, pedal
to the metal.

It is more fun at about 50 real speed though...IMO
I agree, my truck LOVES 50mph. I am not in a hurry anyway. And Thanks juanprado, Glen is an awesome guy and I am going out there soon but I don't really care about the adapter, I will just adjust. Not a big deal really, just thought some other folk might want to check theirs.