• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Increase in fuel economy with Banks turbo?

linx310

I am keeping a mileage log with my M1009 and at the moment I am getting the following:
16/17 MPG Mixed Driving (City and Highway)
22 MPG (Highway only) @ 55-60 mph

I have a BANKs turbo setup I have not installed yet (waiting till fall).

For those who have the 6.2 Liter Banks Sidewinder setup have you noticed any changes in your fuel economy?

I would think it would make the motor more efficient so less fuel would be wasted reaching the same speed.

Last edited:

Lawrence of Arabia

Ahead of schedule. Hung the exhaust today and went for a test drive. WOW. What a totally different ride. I have a oil leak I need to fix and then I will check the MPG's.

big block 88

I have done a sidewinder on a 6.2 GM aswell as a IH 6.9 both were totally different animals after the install. The owners of both expeirenced 2-4 mpg improvement. The 6.2 is in a half ton chevy reg cab 2wd lowered with 2.90 gears he has hit 28mpg on the highway.

HP increase is minimal but the TQ is what took a jump on them, we have not had time to see what the dyno says but hopefully this summer we will get it on the rollers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks