• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance and registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

offroaddiesel

any feed back ,positive and negitive on this suject. will be looking to by a mv and most likely start with a duece. i have had problems at the dmv before when i reg my converted school bus to a camper.i reg my 2 powerwagons as antiques which is ok ,i can live with the restictions.i know each state is differnt.so to avoid any confustion before i reg. thanks . steve

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search, this horse has been beat to death. I use State Farm under $80 every 6 months.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
offroaddiesel said:
thank you , sorry i did not relize it was beat to death , wont ask again . steve
If you need information on any topic, don't be afraid to ask! Many topics are asked repeatedly over time. Sometimes a (helpful)response will simply be"been posted" or "do a search". If you need any help on how to use the Search function, Ask.
It might be more helpful for you to ask members in Maine for help on this topic. You could post a question addressed to Maine guys or you could look at the Members map and then PM members in Maine for help.

Cdub

I'm not sure if we're still trying on getting a group rate but a lot of steelsoldiers use Gulfway insurance. As I do myself.....

Cheers,

C'dub

98hd

Cdub said:
I'm not sure if we're still trying on getting a group rate but a lot of steelsoldiers use Gulfway insurance. As I do myself.....

Cheers,

C'dub
I just got a quote, use the steelsoldiers name the lady I talked to actually asked me if I was a member, and got a quote for my m35 and m818 that together was about 100$ more than just ONE of the trucks through auto owners.

MarineTracs

I have antique plates and have insurance through J C Taylor, out of PA. Total for my M151A2 (before I sold it) and M37 (both kept in locked garage) was about $129 per year. Be advised, however, that pulling an antique trailer with your antique vehicle voids the insurance. I am starting to look for other sources.

offroaddiesel

i have reg. my old dodges as antiques,my insurance requires limited milage per year,i think 2000 miles. but i dont drive it every day,any one that has a power wagon would understand.if i reg a duece as antique,if old enough,i might go more then that.its something that iam thinking about.if i use historic plates,what are my limitation on milage. steve

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both my trucks registered as commercial vehicles which are used for business. For commercial insurance I use Peerless Insurance through Mantz Miller Insurance Agency in Red Lion, PA. It's not cheap. Not bad if not compared to antique/classic registration/use.

Status
Not open for further replies.