• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermittant drive line noise

MAGNUM

I have a 1985 1009. I have a 2.25" lift. For a while now I get an intermittent rattle that I have been told by two riders seems to be coming from the drive line, or rear end. ?

JSF01

Sounds like the U joints to me. They are cheep and easy to replace, so even if it's not the problem I would replace them anyway. I had started getting a vibration in my truck, and when I pulled the u joints the spindles in one of them had been ground into a powder.

cliffyp

I had a vibration/rattle that didn't go away till I had a new rear driveshaft made and new u-joints put in. I didn't realize how much of a vibration it was till I found out how smooth the truck rolled afterward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks