• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a sign my injector pump is going out?

linx310

Driving my M1009 this weekend and had a new issue come up.

Any time I am accelerating and let off the pedal immediately rather then gently letting off of it the engine stalls and dies. This does not happen at speed but when I am in first gear or going under about 35 mph.

If I baby the pedal and let off gently then it does not do it.

Here is a situation that I can reproduce it almost every time.

At a stop sign stopped.
Accelerate
take foot off pedal
it dies

In the above situation if I gently let off the pedal it wont die.

Is this a warning sign that my injector pump could be on the way out?

My truck runs great otherwise...it idles around 640 rpm.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the check vavle for the fuel return from the top of the injector pump. See if it is plugged. If the flexring inside the injector pump is breaking down (most are at this age) it will plug the return line.

The truck has to have a clear/clean return line to run correctly..

You can also remove the top cover from the IP and see what the inside looks like. Alot of black specks and the rind is going. Time for a rebuild.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks