• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ISO cargo bed Advantages

Cdub

Hi Rory,

Please PM me your email and I will send it right off to you.........

Just keep in mind that this manual is for the 7 ton cargo but is no different
except for some of the minor updates. The ISO bed is still an ISO bed. The manual has
been DeMilled and there are a few pages missing but nothing we would
miss.

Cheers,

C'dub

halftrack

I have no idea why the Army never did this conversion. It is beyond me. The ISO Beds are by far the most versatile bed around. The picture below was taken in September or about at MCAS Miramar. We were shipping out MWSS-473 to IRAQ and needed an armory on site to temporary store weapons so we borrowed MWSS-373's 7 ton with the mobile armory on it. When you cant bring the weapons to the armory, bring the armory to you!

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because the Army didnt buy into the whole ISO thing, and the sheer amount of $ it would cost. The USMC uses ISO fittings for the Sixcons, Quadcons, CONEX's, and lots of everything else. The Army has too much non ISO equipment, and to convert to new gear with ISO fittings, and new beds for trucks would cost way too much. Consider just the sheer cost of new canvases for ISO bed trucks. Then to remove the old bed, install a new one, etc.. That all adds up to a TON of $$... The Army did adopt the flatrack for the PLS/LHS, which I think is alot more useful on the battlefield than ISO beds.

Cdub

Thanks to halftrack for supplying the Steelsoldiers with the de-milled version
of the TM for the ISO beds........I thinks it's the only one in existence....

Wow........the 7 ton Marine Cargo with the ISO bed is just.......OUTSTANDING..........!!!

I think that would be my next truck after the 5 ton.

Thanks so much for posting the pic halftrack.

Cheers,

C'dub

emr

The Army is instead has invested in the PLS, Paletized load system, we all know about, i have to say as awesome as the 7 tons and iso beds are nothing unloads and loads faster than the PLS's,,,they need nothing to support them they ride in drop a full load bigger than a 7 ton can cary and drop in minutes ,and then pull an empty one on and run, nothing is faster no support needed in the field none at all, U need a crane with the 7 tonners, . they are even sweeter and even a better off road vehicle, as I am a believer there is nothing as good as a 7 tonner, until U go to the PLS! AND they have just made and ive seen exorcises of the new all aluminum decks for the PLS's that are air ready with the ty downs and rollers they will roll right in! and all the cool things, so now they will even be able to drop off right at the C130's and such and pull loads right out and run,and sized to fit too, really there is nothing in the world better than these rigs.Randy

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the ISO bed 14'? Sure looks like it fits a Deuce well. Just wondering if anything was lengthened to make it fit.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man, nice pic, Jason. I just can't get over the size of that 7-ton. Just look at the size of the men standing next to it in comparison to the truck! I thought my 923A2 was an imposing vehicle to drive down the road, but dang!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One problem with the 7 ton is alot of Marines are getting hurt getting out/down from the back of the truck, since it is so high up. The USMC should of went with the LHS for cargo carrying, but since it is an "Army" truck, they cant go with that, as it isnt an original USMC idea... And that came from an Oshkosh Sales rep I met at a trade show on base at Quantico standing next to a MTVR...

Jimmy

Is the ISO bed 14'? Sure looks like it fits a Deuce well. Just wondering if anything was lengthened to make it fit.
I added to my frame to make the ISO fit correctly, I covered how I did it in a previous thread. The width is exact for the frame but I had to move the axles back and extend the frame to cover the length.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has been dead for almost 6 years, chances are the original posters won't respond. Maybe someone else will chime in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks