• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ISSPRO Turbocator Pyro / Boost Gauge

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not use a weld bushing, I just drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold directly.... It's like 1/4" thick where I drilled it.

Yes the 10' kit is plenty long... [thumbzup]

Jon

Do you think a 6' lead wire length would be long enough to mount a pyrometer on the steering column? im looking at a pyrometer kit on www.dieselmanor.com and was wondering if that length would be good. thanks!

JDToumanian

No I think 6' is cutting it short. I bought a 10' kit and did cut the tube and have a little bit of wire coiled under the dash but I don't think there's 4' of extra.... You could measure with a piece of wire or string to make sure.

Jon

rolling18

I did this same thing a while back. Call ISSPRO direct and ask for DON.
He is a great help and will sell you what you need. No need to order from somewhere else. Don even crimped a black bezel (later turned green) on a guage that came with a chrome bezel. That's CUSTOMer service! I did a thread that mirrors this one. Maybe it was over on the Zone.:p

Anyway, install two probes and put a switch in the back of your gauge cup. I ran this by Don at ISSPRO and he had done this on another rig and recommended it. I have about a 150-200 degree difference front to back.
Get a quality switch and it will read accurate. A great solution for a single gauge head.
Im about to do this as well!
what was the cost from ISSPRO for everything?
when I ask for Don, who should I tell him recommended ?
did you go to the main plant in portland?

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great post. Thanks for answering my questions. Where did you tap into the power again for the lumination? Did you connect it to the light switch in the cab?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks