• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'ts alive!

m108

I bought a 1967 Kaizer M35 parts truck to use as a doner for a multifuel conversion. I changed the fuel filters and flushed out the lines and it started ! It's a D turbo and after I ran it long enough to get it to operating temp the oil pressure is between 15 and 20 pounds at idle , is this about right? I don't have the TM's on this engine yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Andy. Oil pressure varies a bunch on these engines. For the engine to sustain life, the rule of thumb is 10PSI per 1000rpm. I would hook up a decent mehcanical gauge to verify that oil perssure. There are 2 different gauges and sending units and mixing them up can give false readings as can bad grounding of the gauge. Compare the gauge to the sender right above the back of the starter. There is a 0-60 and 0-120 gauges and senders. Let us know what you find. Also in the TM section of this site you will find all the manuals for the multifuel trucks and the engine and tranny manuals as well.

m108

Kenny, I allready changed to a mechanical gage because when I first started it the orignal gauge didn't come up right away.I let it run for about an hour this afternoon and it had between 15 and 20 psi at idle and climbed as engine speed increased.Thanks I'll check the TM section.