• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's been a good week....

DMgunn

I have finally made some real progress on my truck. Late last week, I finally got my title back from the state after a fairly lengthy wait due to a "make" discrepancy on the title, then yesterday I got my new plates and registration in the mail :-D.

I am pretty happy about this - was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen.

Total cost for permanent antique plates and title transfer was $66.50, and there are no restrictions on mileage, etc., aside from no commercial use allowed.

I also succeeded in finally getting my transfer case input shaft bearing out....it appears the bearing died a fairly painful death - I was able to get the outer portion out fairly easily, but that inner "race" (for lack of the real term) was very difficult to pull. Everything behind it looks healthy, so I will take my chances with a new......gulp......$200...bearing and a new retainer and hope for the best.

Now to re-instate the insurance policy I had in place well over a year ago....I let it lapse once I realized my enthusiasm for this project was far more impressive than my actual progress.

I won't make any Independence Day (I need to start calling it that always) parades this year, but I still feel real good about everything that has happened - these were the major obstacles I was up against, and now they are taken care of.