• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I've been DERAILED (removing rail from under bed)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
DiverDarrell, do you own a FMTV or just generators?

To me there is something very fishy with this deal, if he really is willing to sell it so much under value. Why would he sell it for $4.000 less than what he could get without the faster diffs? There is a reason why you are the only one who is willing to fork out money for it.
This IS true, the regearing makes this truck worth a LOT more, so WHY so cheap ?????

dmetalmiki

If you like the truck, it's features and design functionality, and the price is right for you (the collection seems to be), then I would buy it. Research "chassis and frames" (google) and read up the wealth of information there. Including safety and longevity after welding or cutting etc. This WILL put your mind at ease and give you the confidence to proceed.
I Removed the top frame rails on my Praga and mounted that body to my M54. 10 years running on or off road no problems. I always check ALL my vehicles body mounts and bolts every two years anyway. Post up the progress and eventual utilization of your truck with some pictures (and) good luck with your project..

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I don't own one yet. Working on that and I hope this summer. I would buy this one. I have read about everything I can online and on ako on the fmtv platform including contract specs and such. Maybe I don't know what the **** im talking about either, as most of my 16 years in the military have been spent on small boats, and we haul our boats with F-450'S and 550's. But if you look at the commercial truck world, you won't often find this frame set up. Heck my deck over trailer has pierced frame for the cross members to get a lower deck height. Engineering wise there are a lot easier ways to achieve torsional stiffness than to add a second level c channel. I've seen these trucks sell for less at auction, but you also buy the risk. Now lmtv772 I didn't call you out on your opinion, I just stated some facts and that I would buy it. So F me for saying anything right.

Also I would bring my brother who happens to have worked on these truck for the past 10 years to check it out. (He tells me not to buy one for n the first place, the outer spider gears he has seen go bad a lot, and I'm still going to get one) And for what I would use an Lmtv for (hay bales the 70# small squares). The lower deck height would make getting them out of the field easier. Also to get to my mountain property to build a cabin. I can't haul my gooseneck trailer up the hill as the road is not in the best of shape, and a Lmtv and a Pintel deck over trailer would not have any issues. My toys are also getting bigger too and the excavator I want exceeds what I can tow with my dually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks