• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry Rig of the Day!

aboonski

The former owner of my 1968 M35A2C wanted to use air tools by hooking into the truck's air supply. I want you to see his attempt at doing this. Keep in mind this guy is a machinist and also that they do make glad hand air hoses to accomplish what he tried to do in his infinite wisdom. I want to return the truck to the original configuration but this guy mutilated the big fitting that goes between the frame so I will be looking for one of them for sure! If anyone is scrapping out a deuce and might have the parts that attach to the passenger side rear for the glad hand "emergency" air supply give me a price, please! I would need all of the fittings that lead to the glad hand from the air line that runs along the frame. Thanks guys!

I added photos to show how the former owner "modified" the large fitting that goes through the frame. He routed copper tubing through the fitting and used compression fittings on both sides to hook up the female quick disconnect fitting for HIS application. Good for a laugh or two anyway!

Attachments

aboonski

The last two photos just show the "driver's side" glad hand setup which is perfectly fine. I just need the parts for the other side. The brief explanations I tried to include with each picture did not appear for some reason.

aboonski

Thanks for the tip Steve! Never saw one of them before crawling under the truck. I would imagine they use the same stuff on Semi's too but not sure. I was kind of hoping one of the members would be scrapping out a Deuce and these parts would be something I could buy from them. I even ran a Craig's List ad to see if anyone in Brevard County Florida might have an MV that they pulled the Rockwells out of for a swamp buggy - those guys haul the rest for scrap!

jatonka

Jerry Rig of the Day

They are called "Bulkhead Connectors" Truck parts shops have them in various sizes. Not a big deal. Want real trouble? buy a deuce that somebody cut the turn signal harness off to take the turn signal switch out. I'm going through it for the second time now, no tags on the wires, all black and multiple grounds mixed in there. That's trouble JT out

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm parting out a duece now and would be happy to send you the parts. I will check tomorrow to make sure they are there.

Wart Hog

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm parting out a duece now and would be happy to send you the parts. I will check tomorrow to make sure they are there.

Wart Hog

aboonski

RE: Jerry Rig of the Day

JT, each little tidbit of information helps! Once I get the Bulkhead Connector the rest of the fittings look like they are available over at Lowe's or Home Depot. Any old shutoff valve will do. I liked the one that my buddy Ian has on the deuce he just bought over at Camp Beauregard LA.

Green_gator

RE: Jerry Rig of the Day

Alan,
If Wart Hog runs into any problems let me know. I have a contact with a man here in Tampa who is getting ready to make a swamp buggy using deuce axles and I am going to talk to him and see about some parts for mine and can ask about this for you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked and I have the complete setup. After the thunderstorms quit I will remove it and send it your way. How much of the air line do you want? PM your shipping info.

Warthog

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Jerry Rig of the Day

jatonka said:
They are called "Bulkhead Connectors" Truck parts shops have them in various sizes. Not a big deal. Want real trouble? buy a deuce that somebody cut the turn signal harness off to take the turn signal switch out. I'm going through it for the second time now, no tags on the wires, all black and multiple grounds mixed in there. That's trouble JT out
Hey JT, do you need the connector with the tags? I have one of those to.

Warthog

aboonski

RE: Re: Jerry Rig of the Day

Not sure what the connector is but guessing it is the glad hand supply part that you hook your accessory line to. You can include that as well in case the one I have is different. If there's a shutoff valve in line with the fittings I would love to have that also. Thanks!

Alan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks