• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just joined, what's the trophy icon, etc. mean?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trophies are just milestones for your entertainment. Here is a list of the ones I've gotten
Screenshot_20240429_054338_Chrome.jpg
Not sure that the points really count for anything. I think it's just for fun.
Welcome to the forum!

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Forum DarylB.

The first icon is messages ( posts in the forum, or thread started ).

The center icon, Thumbs up, is the total number of 'reactions' ( people hitting the LIKE ) your posts have received. If you post something particularly helpful, meaningful, or entertaining; more people will "like" it,

The trophies are arbitrary milestones achieved from posting and contributing, like M35fan said.

In theory, the greater numbers ( points ) you have, the greater contributor you are to the community as a whole.
If you cannot determine the value, accuracy, or veracity of a post.....say some technical advice....Look at the posters number, and look at their past threads and comments. Maybe they know their stuff. Maybe they have a lower number ( like me ) and have just lurked for years.

Cheers

DarylB

Welcome to the Forum DarylB.

The first icon is messages ( posts in the forum, or thread started ).

The center icon, Thumbs up, is the total number of 'reactions' ( people hitting the LIKE ) your posts have received. If you post something particularly helpful, meaningful, or entertaining; more people will "like" it,

The trophies are arbitrary milestones achieved from posting and contributing, like M35fan said.

In theory, the greater numbers ( points ) you have, the greater contributor you are to the community as a whole.
If you cannot determine the value, accuracy, or veracity of a post.....say some technical advice....Look at the posters number, and look at their past threads and comments. Maybe they know their stuff. Maybe they have a lower number ( like me ) and have just lurked for years.

Cheers
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks