• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just recently hard starting M1009

azpatriot

Bought this unit three months ago out of Jefferson City, MO and came with 4300 mi. original. Was driven into the site and fired right up on delivery and has consistently been running/starting fine. Just in last week and a half however it has become harder and harder to fire up. Usually 6-10 attempts if it goes at all (yesterday morning a total no-go, today about eight attempts). Sometimes after starting and running a few seconds the motor will die and is a real bear to re-fire. Thought I had a fuel leak yesterday with diesel on the ground but found it was just coming out the overflow tube. I'm letting the dashboard light for the glow plugs illuminate and expire before starting. Is the first thing I should start with is replacing the glow plugs? Outside temp here in Mesa, Az shouldn't be an issue as it is high '70s at night or hotter during the day.
Carl
Mesa, Az
caejohnson1@cox.net

azpatriot

By my count 6-8 seconds on initial startup. If the engine has been running and I start her up again there is no light illumination whatsoever.

blzrgb

To my knowledge there should'nt be any fuel hit the ground. If so, you've got a leak letting air come into the system. May someone else will chim in and give some more info.

azpatriot

I'm guessing the fuel filter kept filling from the pump and initiated the fuel overflow out the overflow tube. Still having a hard time starting this beast but once warm it's no problem. Temp out here in Az right now at night is maybe low 70s. that shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas out there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks