• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just won bid on m35a2 Deuce

THUNDRLOJ

Congrats! Looks sweet! No visible rust on the bed or even on the tailgate chains. I notice no heater vent. Living in Utah I assume you will be adding one soon!
Enjoy!

uh60

The truck came from AZ. The heater is on the list. I regret not biding higher for one with a winch and heater. But then figured thats what every one wanted so I got this on at a good price.

chuck500cc

I just won my first one and I wish I had made more time for the things my truck needed before I drove it home. If you can get access to a 20 gallon tub of GP grease and a way to put it in with very low air preasure/hand pump it will help. I have put 4 tubes of GP grease in my front hubs each and no sign of it running out the bottom. I am lucky, they installed grease fitiings on the top/bottom of the hubs. I finally just put the grease throught the relief openings at the botom. If you have time, find ALL of the grease fitting and lube them. I didn't, but is funny how quiet the truck gets and how nice it rides when you find all the fittings. :wink:

Chuck"newby mistakes" XD Fan

THUNDRLOJ

I dunno UH60, I have seen the prices on dueces with winches get absoultely outrageous in a bidding war. If the truck you got is clean and in good condition and at a good price, then you did good. You can add the other stuff at your leisure. And you will likely come out ahead in total price. Alot of the winch-equipped trucks I've seen on GL had their fair share of abuse. My guess is they had winches because they were subject to off-road and perhaps a little abuse more often that not.. The ones that didn't have winches, didn't go off road that much. As I said, that's just a guess.

You probably did better than you know! Be sure and post pic of the heater install if you have time!

55Cameo

Nice truck, too bad that you are not closer. I have the heater that I pulled out of mine that will probably go to the scrapyard. No need for the heater in Florida. I would ship it to you, but the shipping would probably be more than the heater is worth.