• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lack of motivation

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you need a session with my therapist.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwfZYO1di4[/media]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I suffer from Depression. Its huge. Ill go to school and then come home and have the whole afternoon to work on my truck and i cant get out side. its horrible I have not been this depressed in a while. I take meds they help but with no job and no health insurance i cant change what i am to see if it helps...I think the lack of people in my area save for Combat jump who have MV's hurts also. i know most of the stuff would cost me under 100 bucks to fix everything. im just stuck. Tomorrow i am going to try to pull my front drive shaft and do the DH relay and install my B&m trans modulator valve. thats a start MY goal is to have it running by new years.
First off..... PM SENT.

Now, in open forum, may I quote something that I often use to "Pull myself up by the bootstraps".....

IF
IT
IS
TO
BE
IT
IS
UP
TO
ME
!!
I know that sounds almost too easy to be credible, and it is. I have found that I cannot fix what's broken with me on my own. In a sense, fixing yourself is an inside job - but WHAT'S on the inside? From the Chaplain's perspective here, we have to do some soul-searching. If you're a man of faith - and I pray that you are - then ask for help from outside yourself. When I say: "If it is to be it is up to me", the part that's up to me is being man-enough to know that I cannot fix it, but I must call upon the qualified and capable help that CAN FIX IT. I'm not talking about earthly help, but spiritual blessing. Fling open the door and proclaim your need. Through that same open door blessings will be able to flow abundantly... more than you can imagine. This I pray.

Remember what the definition of INSANITY is:
"Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results"

Maybe it's time to try a different approach to finding the gumption that you need.

As many others have said here.... Attack the challenges you face - with God's help - and don't just poke at it.

The SERENITY PRAYER:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.

Cucvnut

I did some work today. I installed the batteries.the motor turns over I I need fix the IP tomorrow and bleed the air system. install the DH relay and install plugs .maybe the next day my Transmission modulator. I'm try to just do a few things a day if i cant fix it ill get help before i continue.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No arms No Legs No Worries

No motivation . . . . It happens!

I'm hotel bound so I can't give you the link but if you google.....

"no arms no legs no worries"

you will find a man that will motivate you beyond imagination.

Here's a push......push.

Onward

zout

CUCVnut - awesome - absolutely awesome [thumbzup]

little bit at a time so you do not run yourself out of work fella

rememeber - this is suppose to be F U N

SPCWarning

Cucvnut, I'll be back to the Shattered Socket in a couple days......... top of my "to-do" list---look for the part. I'll keep you posted. Looks like a good start. Keep us updated.:grd:
Jimmy

dmetalmiki

Good start

There ya' go..(as Zout Pointed out too) This is supposed to be FUN..great stuff, just do what you can..AND ENJOY IT..the more you do the more enjoyment + statisfaction.

As an addendum to my message to you..My very good canine PAL somehow broke his leg..They (the vets) dismissed my thought my other dog mebb'e broke it in a fight?..however after being at his "end" (I had to have him put down) I was....Well I guess you all know,,: DID want to "sit n' quit" there for a while...ESPECIALLY after placing him our pet cemetary, under the apple trees.. BUT just got UP N' AT IT..BUSY!...moved the wrecker both fork trucks, put heavy stuff from the garage into the back of the ZIL 131. (tyre changers, welding sets, compressor, loads more, and loads more to load tommorow..just keeping BUSY (and thus pr-occupied)..ready for the next trip to my new location.

Cucvnut

I worked on the truck some today. I pulled the front drive shaft and started the DH mod but i need to drill new holes for the relay and get screws.

O.D. Fever

Sounds like your plugging along. one step at a time. I just repaced the oil pan gasket and rear main seal on my 1009, still leaking oil, no change. I think its the valve cover and it fooled me. I don't think it was wasted work, but I hate it when I date Miss Diagnosis, she makes me mad. I know I need new injectors so, the lines must come off to do the valve covers. Next project. aua

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVnut,

I'm glad you've jumped in to you list and kept going. There are a lot of people pulling for you. I know what it's like to be unemployed, drowning in debt, and have no $$ to buy parts. Believe it or not, you might find that working on the M1008 might help you with your job search as it keeps your mind engaged on something other than blasting out resumes and begging for a job. January is a better time to look for a job than December (also learned from experience). I'm thankful you have the opportunity to get the truck going while you have the time.

Keep the faith!

:D

O.D. Fever

CUCVnut,

I'm glad you've jumped in to you list and kept going. There are a lot of people pulling for you. I know what it's like to be unemployed, drowning in debt, and have no $$ to buy parts. Believe it or not, you might find that working on the M1008 might help you with your job search as it keeps your mind engaged on something other than blasting out resumes and begging for a job. January is a better time to look for a job than December (also learned from experience). I'm thankful you have the opportunity to get the truck going while you have the time.

Keep the faith!

:D
Hey you just took my name ... Im not you ,your not me .. change your namer Joe ..

SPCWarning

Hey CUCVNUT, glad you're getting 'er done. It's gonna be a slow progress but at least you're on it. You'll have that beast back on the road before you know it.

On another note, I painted my 1009 before I left to work last time, it spent a month in my shop untouched by anything besides MISSISSIPPI HUMIDITY and guess who has to paint thier CUCV again..........??? Dang. It bubbled pretty much all over, and the hood faded thru the primer and the paint, all the original surface rust spots are back. DANG!!!
I'm just gonna drive it around a little bit just like it looks, paint flaking off and all till better weather. I have a LOT of work to do on mine too but one thing at a time.

Hey, update us with some pics if you get a chance to show your progress. Anything you do to it is better than what you were doing a month ago....we're behind you all the way my friend and if there's any way possible I can help you from here just let me know. If you need small parts I may be able to help some. Keep up the good work and we all love pictures of progress!!
Jimmy

Cucvnut

Today I took off the intake manifold and i changed out the Vacuum modulator on the transmission and finished up the DH relay. so i just need to pull the IP and install the missing part. I felt good to work on the truck.

SPCWarning

Cool ! Keep driving on, it'll be ready to cruise before ya know it! Seems like a lot has been accomplished over the past couple months.........[thumbzup] :popcorn:

Cucvnut

So i pulled the IP and installed the part. ran out of daylight. monday I will install the intake and get that buttoned up then maybe it will start.