• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last 10 Ton from Beyel Bros.

Dirt71

Finally got the last 10 ton from Beyel Bros. this week. This one according to Steve Beyel had been sitting for at least 10 yrs. I had to replace the starter which is something I hope I never have to do again on one of these trucks, it was no picnic. Once I put the starter in I pushed the starter button real quick just to hear it ingage then I pushed the button to spin it over a little bit and much to my amazement it fired right up as if I drove it in the parking lot an hour before. I didn't have a camera rolling at that time but I don't think to many would believe it cranked so easy after sitting so long, but God as my wittness it happened just that way. So today I made a video of it running and moving around. It runs like a top, a little smokey but that should clear up. It needs to go down the road but to many air leaks which means NO BRAKES!! This truck is going to make a good donor truck for my other M125. I plan on doing a diesel conversion to that truck when I get to it. In 1961 the army converted one M125 to diesel so I thought it would be cool to do this one that way. I wonder where the one is that the army converted. Also with the higher gear ratio in the gas truck coupled with the higher RPM range of the diesel it might reach 50 MPH or better. :)

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For right now I'd be willing to bet that the largest numbers of 10 tons in one place is at David's shop. That one looks rough and tuff. You shuld drag it to the GA rally next year and see how it does on the trails.

Dirt71

Dirt,
Silly question maybe, but how did you guys get it on the flatbed with flat tires? Winch it up?
Loading it was the easy part they used a crane and picked up the whole truck. Getting it off the trailer at my place was a differant story. I ended up pulling it off the trailer with a 5ton my forklift just didnt have enough ass!!!!!!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love it, nice save. Try to do that with any modern vehicle, let it sit for 10yrs then put a battery and starter on and go. Aing't going to happen. They don't build them like they used to.

joeM62

One more and you'll have a motorpool of prime movers. Wonder what happened to the protoyte 10tons was looking at some different ones, one had caught my eye
the hood was shaped different but had cat motor in it but was a road tractor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks