• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465 in a daily driver?

Atomic

My dead spirt just had a flicker of life.:shock: That, ............is cool. Keep rolling out the pics and shoot a video of the test fire.

srodocker

post on here to! you have to put it in some rat rod shows...you doing some sort of sheet metal around the engine? how about teh exhaust setup? wheres the exhaust going to go? hehehe

mudguppy

... wheres the exhaust going to go? hehehe
at first i thought it should go straight up. but i think it should curve down and flow along the ground for a bit before turning out just like the 'zoomy' headers would do.

that's the best use for a MF that i've seen yet. [thumbzup]

kawibrute

Well it has been along time coming but she moves under her own power. It is not pretty now lots of parts not on yet like bed, door, top, etc... But you get the idea [thumbzup]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK3I2YTDfwo[/media]

kawibrute

I never knew Massey Ferguson built any LDT465's .

:lol: Glad you fired it up, cool vid. You planning on any power steering? Its probably pretty torquey with alot less wieght then a deuce i bet.

The Multifuel (MF ;-)) feels real torquey the entire truck weights 1/4 of a duece. The steering I was even suprised. I thought that with and weight of the engine it was going to be true "armstrong" steering but it very easy. I used a 20:1 Vega steering box and it works really well.

plym49

The Multifuel (MF ;-)) feels real torquey the entire truck weights 1/4 of a duece. The steering I was even suprised. I thought that with and weight of the engine it was going to be true "armstrong" steering but it very easy. I used a 20:1 Vega steering box and it works really well.
I guess that means it can be done in most any truck. Maybe all you need to do is to extend the front end a foot or so to fit the motor under the hood. Would help weight distribution and give whatever donor vehicle a unique look. For example, a Chevy Silverado 1 ton with a longer nose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks