• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaf Spring Bushing

USMC6062

Does anyone know where to buy them, or has anyone replaced them? I bought a set of front springs and hangers the other day in case I want to bob my truck, but the bushings are a little loose and I might as well replace them before I put them in. Thanks, Alex

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check in your area for a spring/suspension shop that works on heavy commercial trucks. That is a common item that is often replaces when springs are re-worked. Check the pins too, for wear, but often its just the bushing.

Lee in Alaska

FSBruva

I would also check FLMV. They have a lot of parts that are not listed on their website.

Did you check Easternsurplus, Memphis or Alfaheaven?

Matt

USMC6062

I sorta planned on checking with the heavy truck suspension place here in Jax, but figured that someone had a source for them or knew for sure what size they are. I would like to have them when I tear it apart that way I could go right back together. I'll check with some of the sources you listed. Thanks, Alex

Jones

If they're flush on each end and have a cross bolt that retains them, in a perfect world they SHOULD just drive out. Load them up with grease or penetrating oil and make sure there's no load on them, then go for it with a piece of pipe (to protect the grease fitting) slightly smaller in diameter than the pin, and a hammer.
The ones that unscrew will have a hex end to accept a wrench; though I've seen them mostly on Jeeps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks