• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED tail light bulb

yeager1

I know it's been covered, but I can't seem to find it- I'm looking to replace my M35 tail light bulbs with brighter led bulbs (don't want to spend the money for full led housings) and more importantly I want dual voltage led bulbs for my trailer so I can run it behind a 12 or 24 volt vehicle. Does anyone have a link or part number to some good ones? Thanks

jasonjc

Not shure about the LED's. But if you paint the inside of the tail light housing sliver or chrome, the light will look alot brighter

Jones

Remember that you'll have to change flasher units since LEDs don't draw enough current to trigger a standard unit.
Here's a picture of Truck-Lite's unit.
I'm not sure about a mixed system either, if you're only planning the change the taillights.
Last, the LED flashers I've found so far aren't "omni-volt" (10 - 30 vdc), they're either 12 vdc or 24 vdc, not both.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember that you'll have to change flasher units since LEDs don't draw enough current to trigger a standard unit.
Here's a picture of Truck-Lite's unit.
I'm not sure about a mixed system either, if you're only planning the change the taillights.
Last, the LED flashers I've found so far aren't "omni-volt" (10 - 30 vdc), they're either 12 vdc or 24 vdc, not both.
The military solid state flasher unit is basically a power transistor driven by an oscillator and will work for any load, it's not "thermo electric", which would depend on the load current to operate. The particular flasher that I dissected had no overload protection, which is one reason I have used external relays for the load carrying duty.

The circuit board shown in the image above has a built-in voltage regulator for the full range of supply voltages.

Attachments