• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Cargo Cover & bows modified for Deuce

jeepzilla47

I have been looking for a cargo kit for my deuce for a while. I finally found a cover, but have been unable to find a decent deal on a bow kit. While looking for parts, I found where other members took the LMTV cover kits and modified it to fit on the M35.

I bought two of the LMTV kits (new in crate) and assembled one of them for measurement. They are only ~6" longer than the M35 top. So, instead of modifying the top, I made some bolt on brackets to hold the uprights.

This allows me to run either top (when i finally get a bow kit) depending on needs. I can use the LMTV top independent of the troop seats and when i want the original cover, I will remove the LMTV brackets.

I need to remove the excess length on the angle iron pieces. It is going to rub the cover. I put a piece of foam over it temp. Also, in spacing the LMTV bows, I might have put the frame on backwards from the cover.The cover has shorter and longer spacers between the bows. I saw this, but didnt think about it. The middle bow is now on the edge of the reinforced seam in the cover. I will move it next time i take the cover off.

here are some pics...

Attachments

jeepzilla47

more pics...

Forgot to mention that the interior height is about 5'9" under the bows....pretty nice when you are 6'4"!!!!

Attachments

3dAngus

That looks very nice. I like that tan cover on the green camo truck as well. Without seeing it I would have thought not. Your work is faboulous.

I wish you had taken pictures of the whole assembly up without the cover. I have one of those kits of piping without the cover, traded another to Gimpy, and was wondering what I might be able to do with this one. Looks like a great idea.

FloridaAKM

If I had known of your problem, there would have been a trade of a NOS M35a2 cover, bows & hardware for your LMTV cover(with your approval). I was not aware of your plight! My loss & your good work of a conversion between the two!

drivebymashing

I just pieced together a cargo cover kit for my deuce. Wood bows and uprights free from my father in law at his lumber yard. Metal corners 85 including hardware. 100 for a cargo cover. total $200 counting stain!!