• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking door handles, Now what to do?

bigbird1

Well I told some friends to go take a look at the new truck (m923a2) and someone must have put the door locks on from the inside. Anyone had to break into their own truck? Do the inside handles pull up or down, Thinking a coat hanger to start.

M923A1

Banned
In times like these i like to find a neighborhood kid, between the ages of 4 and 6, tell him i need him to break into an army truck. Just slide the back glass and they worm right on in there.

Its usually the same rugrat that locked it in the first place.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Door hinge pin/bolts?

Pull the top of a door window outward.

Are both front windsheids locked?

Rear window slides.

Floor hatches locked?

TsgtB

My question, and forgive me if its been brought up a dozen times (I am searching this subject of accidentally locked doors)
but do the "keyed" door handles "unlock" a door that has been locked from the inside, or do they only lock/unlock the handle?

I've noticed the wife keeps locking her door while exiting the vehicle.... (I did find that I can open the rear slider and should be able to access a handle, with something).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, a keyed door handle has no more functions than the original(other than it locks).

An update from the OP would be nice.

acme66

Left friend's little dog in the cab, same deal. With the soft top I was able to climb up and get the zipper on the back window to open. Sent a kid in to unlock.

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks