• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log of… a whole hodge podge.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But Steve, how many do you plan to keep and drive offroad??? 😉
I have had at any one time 6 or 7 of my own trucks, but that ebbs and flows as folks always want to buy my personal trucks even when not for sale…everything has a price, im not married to any one truck, I had an H1 for 19yrs….eventually I just sold It, I get bored quickly once I’m done it, I start in another.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the USA. I have a friend who says TSA is not efficient. Bullish!t! I brought a few PCB to California to convert into “Genius Boxes”. I was smart enough to also place a letter into the suitcase explaining these are glow plug controllers for HMMWV restoration with associated parts and relays. Well, my luggage had an official printed note in it when I opened it at Eric’s (Hummer H1) HMMWV acreage. Eric and I were both pumped.

I’m proud of the TSA. Obviously they are checking things and doing an awesome job keeping us safe. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸💪💪💪👍👍👍

I’m including pics of the note and pics of me doing PCB Brain Salad Surgery.

IMG_9615.jpegIMG_9613.jpegIMG_9611.jpeg

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started work on the new girls…

M1151 turns over 😁. EESS seems to work. Dash is intact. Seats are brand spanking new. Looks to be a keeper.

M1141-1 EESS does not power on glowplugs. It will be upgraded to my “Genius Box”. It turns over 😁. Missing roof but I have some cool plans.

M1114-2 has no EESS. It will need one. It will get my “Genius Box”. It also needs battery crossover. I will make one. Missing roof but I have some cool plans.

Walmart $69 24F batteries for everyone! Man were the Walmart sales people surprised with that large battery sale.

IMG_5502.jpegIMG_5501.jpegIMG_5503.jpeg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the USA. I have a friend who says TSA is not efficient. Bullish!t! I brought a few PCB to California to convert into “Genius Boxes”. I was smart enough to also place a letter into the suitcase explaining these are glow plug controllers for HMMWV restoration with associated parts and relays. Well, my luggage had an official printed note in it when I opened it at Eric’s (Hummer H1) HMMWV acreage. Eric and I were both pumped.

I’m proud of the TSA. Obviously they are checking things and doing an awesome job keeping us safe. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸💪💪💪👍👍👍

I’m including pics of the note and pics of me doing PCB Brain Salad Surgery.

View attachment 923062View attachment 923063View attachment 923064
Several years ago I was in Syracuse. Bought a case of apples from the region to bring back to New Orleans. Bags f ly free on southwest. 😀 Found my case had been opened and that cute paper in there minus 2 apples 🍎

HUMMER H1

That m1151 you bought is basically brand new truck, every component is unused.

I am just wondering which one of these is actually better truck in general, the M1151s or M1114s ?

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1151 starts, drives and shifts. Tires are new condition. HVACfan/ vent works.

Needs doors and windows.

Gonna recharge the A/C.

Gets those in a few days.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1114-1 starts but is missing on one cylinder. Only ran for a maybe 1 minute though, as I need to add tranny and radiator and power steering fluid. Might be air. Might be bad injector. I’ll figure it out. Probably will start by opening and closing each injection fitting to see that they all get fuel and all have no air.

M1114-2 will need HVAC unit under passenger dash. I guess I need to purchase. I’ll post in classifieds.

I’ll try to start that one later today.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to find DOT5 in Commiefornia is like trying to find common sense in a Gavin Newsom statement.

O’Reileys had two small containers at $15 apiece.

They also had ethylene glycol.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to find DOT5 in Commiefornia is like trying to find common sense in a Gavin Newsom statement.

O’Reileys had two small containers at $15 apiece.

They also had ethylene glycol.
No different than here in deep red Texas. O’Reilys is about it for DOT 5 at retail.

Great progress in field conditions!

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1114-1 runs. Tranny works. Pulls like an Ox.

I need to reseal the pan from demilitarization.

Tomorrow I start M1114-2

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1151-1 a/c recharged.

Bought some gaseous gold (R134) in Commiefornia.

A/c compressor functions. These rigs use a lot.

Rear cool, front hot. I’m guessing this is the heater valve phenomenon???

M1151-2 just received EUC. 😁😁😁 Gets deliveredMonday/Tuesday

M1114-1 gonna do brakes tonight and tranny RTV in AM. Then refill and move to a place to sit ‘till I return.

M1114-2 great shape BUT considering using as a donor for a “special project”. Don’t want to jinx it. If that falls through, it will be turned into a pick-up with electric exterior a/c.

All’s I need now is a two door pick-up for hardware runs and such.

My family looks to be almost complete.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might have figured out why this mint new M1151 went to auction… The rear of the slantback is dented forward several millimeters, making open and closing the unit difficult. Literally the only thing I see that is out of order.

A few seconds with a chain and I’ll get it straighter than that video of the Ukrainian personnel restoring these units to fighting form.

Love this truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks