• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Longshot question...

ojsdna744

Well, no fuel leaks......switched back to troubleshooting the glow plugs again. Got lucky in discovering that the glow plug relay was testing bad MOST of the time. It tested good the first time through and I just happened to test it again and it was bad. It wasn't clicking over about 70% of the time.....

So, apparently, it was just bad timing for me that it failed right after I got my fuel system primed again. That or I hurt it somehow with all the bleeding/cranking. Anyways, new relay installed, and it APPEARS to fixed again! :driver: I'll finally try to take a few pics of it this weekend!!

ida34

Work of caution. Sometimes they click and still do not make contact. Make sure to check output or take off and check with a battery and a multimeter.

Glad to here you got it going again.

ojsdna744

That was the deal exactly. It always clicked, but most of the time it was only feeding .5 volts or so to the glow plugs......my test light still glowed....dimly when I checked it and the first time around I just assumed I wasn't getting a solid connection and I moved on. This Blazer really has given me a crash course on exactly how a diesel motor operates! :? And I learned, the hard way naturally, that you really should test with a multimeter if you can. Test light says connection, but that's about it. :roll: