• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Deuce and Half

Outdoorbum

I have been lurking for awhile and now I made the plunge. I am looking for a good Deuce that I do not have to replace the entire truck to begin with. I am talking to Russell Deese in Cairo, GA, anybody dealt with him or know anything about his stuff?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Russell is a pretty decent guy. You should have no problem with his stuff. There are some relly good dealers in your area too. See if you can find a number for John Winslow in Halifax area or Jim Henry in Albemarle. Both have the stuff you need. John is one of the better CARC sprayers around. If you want a new looking truck, get John to paint it.

Outdoorbum

Thanks for the info, I will call them today. I am considering a purchase budget of $5000, I feel that I should be able to get a pretty nice starter deuce for that cost. Am I living in a fantasy world?

CGarbee

Re: Nice stuff!!

citizensoldier said:
Just wondering if that Dodge crash truck is for sale??? Been looking for a nice one of those to restore. It looks very nice...
Oh.. Your deuce looks very nice also... Well worth $5500 if you ask me.. :D
If you want a R2 Crash Truck to restore, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with a local gentleman who has one in need of a good home. His truck is located just north of Creedmore, NC, and I have a bunch of photos on my website...
Photos of Ron's truck are numbers 13-56 located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos13.htm

I have a few others pictured on that page as well, and Mike Feathers recently contacted me to say that he will be sending me extensive interior shots of his fully equiped truck to add to my site...

CGarbee

Outdoorbum said:
I have been lurking for awhile and now I made the plunge. I am looking for a good Deuce that I do not have to replace the entire truck to begin with. I am talking to Russell Deese in Cairo, GA, anybody dealt with him or know anything about his stuff?

I'm out of stock on M35's for sale, and the other guys have given you some great "local" sources... Consider joing the NCMVPA when you get your rig and joing us for events in the area (and some not so close such as the Convoy to Aberdeen). Lastly, give me a ring when you do get a truck if you need any help with it since I'm in Raleigh, NC, as well...

See www.ncmvpa.com for the local MV club.
See www.garbee.net/~cabell for my site...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks