• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a M416

caladin

These seem hard to find and I have been checking the gov auction every week. Could this be going by another name on that site or are they rare?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll second what Randy said. They very RARELY show up on auction sites and, if they do, they are often modified. I had been thinking of parting with my M416, but I used it a few weeks back, and the wife actually told me she thought it was useful so I should keep it! No way I can sell it now.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was fortunate. I got my trailer with my M151A2 that I got from Joe Young. Joe watched the auctions for a while (way before GL) and found a very clean straight-out-of-service trailer. Short of a few holes drilled by GIs and some surface rust inside the bed, it is mint.

armytruck63

I did see an M100 1/4 ton trailer on GL a while back, which surprised me. It was painted white and it might have been modified with a tailgate.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most were auctioned off in the 1980s and 1990s. The last decade most of what I have seen come out of GL in terms of M416s were rusted and dented very badly. What is left are being literally dragged out of the woods and behind sheds of distant bases.

You will find getting one from GSA a bit easier. However, if you want one in good shape, the private sector is where you have to look. There are a few listed in the classifieds on SS right now....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.S.

The last one I bought at auction from the government was in 1998 and it was so rusted up it wouldn't even ROLL.

The last one I saw at a GL site was last June in Fort Bragg, there were one or two, and they were Swiss cheese for the floors. Very rusty.

emr

Most were auctioned off in the 1980s and 1990s. The last decade most of what I have seen come out of GL in terms of M416s were rusted and dented very badly. What is left are being literally dragged out of the woods and behind sheds of distant bases.

You will find getting one from GSA a bit easier. However, if you want one in good shape, the private sector is where you have to look. There are a few listed in the classifieds on SS right now....
Some Day we will be saying this about deuces... very very sad to even think about...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks