• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a set of windshields/frames (M35)

rgregj

Hey guys,

I guess now that I have purchased my truck the great parts hunt is on. First on the list, does anyone have a windshield and frames they want to part with? The ones I have are rusted and the pass. side is cracked. I found new ones for sale at Saturn but if I can find cheaper ones, even better.

Thanks,

Greg

Spartanburg, SC

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted's trucks has them for around $135 each. best new price i've found!

FrankUSMC

How much does it coast up in your area to have glass put into a frame? I might be able to get you some cheap frames.
One of the few, Frank

rgregj

Thanks for the lead Dog. And Frank, I'll have to call the local glass shop. They appear to be quite thick, I'll get the measurin' stick out. The glass on the drivers side is ok, but the passenger side is cracked. Both frames are rusted pretty bad.

thanks guys for all the information,

Greg

Spartanburg, SC

gmayor

I got two windows done for $15 each. In Missouri they want the safety glass marking to pass inspection and they put that on with acid some how. Rusted frames might be a problem although I had one pretty bad but he was able to use it.

Crazyguyla

Re: RE: Looking for a set of windshields/frames (M35)

BFR said:
anyone successfully remove good glass without breaking it?
Yes, takes lots of patience and some rotted out rubber seals.. If you're not going to reuse the frame, cut it at the corners and work each side off.. slooowly

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Looking for a set of windshields/frames (M35)

PM bigmech. I sold him a bunch of parts, among them was a windshield frame and glass complete. Don't know if he's still going to use it since he's got a couple parts trucks now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Looking for a set of windshields/frames (M35)

So if I have access to Safety glass, I can re-glass mine? I think my Dad has access to Safety glass and if I can get him to make me a couple of windshields (mine are cracked at the lower corners due to rust), I'd rather do that than spend $200+ at Saturn. I have a glass bead cabinet, so I can rebuild and refinish my frames.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks