• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for V100 chassis pics

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent work! Coming along very nicely.

I see you even have the drain plugs. The big one sits directly under the engine oil pan so it can be drained.

Cheers

Paweł

Hello!
Here are the photos I promised:

chassis11.jpg

As you can see I got a spare tranny cover from the printer. I plan to make the tunnel cover and the toolbox cover from styrene plate:

chassis12.jpg

Most important would be if it fits - that is if I got the dimensions right. Luckily it's not so bad:

chassis13.jpg

The parts are usable with some filling on the front and on the surfaces where the support structures attached. The printer also had to make a few holes in the part, I plan to plug them with styrene rod. If I printed the parts on Shapeways the last two problems wouldn't be there.

The rear plate has the worst fit:

chassis14.jpg

Looks like while designing it I missed about 1,5mm of height - I plan to fix it in the next version.

I also got my axles printed, right out of printer they look like this:

Rear axle:

axle01.jpg

Front axle:

axle02.jpg

Both axles have a hole right through to stiffen them with steel wire and hep them from bending under stress and heat. Front axle offers to have the front wheels poseable as "steered" to left or right.

The above parts will most probably soon be available on Shapeways, in case somebody needs them.

Thanks for looking, have a nice day

Paweł

Paweł

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Rory! Like I wrote, without your photos I couldn't do it!

I removed the support structures from the axles, reinforced them with wire (it’s brass after all, not steel) and I have dry fitted the front axle. Let’s see if I can keep the wheels movable or if I will have to glue them in some position:

axle03.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a nice day

Paweł

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks