• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-38 Distributor ID assistance

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow in all my years of collecting this stuff I have never seen one of those. It looks like a Delco-Remy version of the Autolite waterproof distributor, it is very similar to the 6 cylinder version found in the gas deuce and 5 ton.

Dumpster

Yes, However, unlike on my Jimmy and 5 ton gas that have the delco. This distributor's ignition coil pocket is part of the casting. It does have what appears to be a perhapse a resisitor like the 6 cyl. Delco's. The distributor cap cover is unique. The 6 cyl cover will not work nor will the standard Jeep Cap and cover. The cam in this distributor has 4 lobes and the housing appears to be made the uniquely fit the L134 engine. ??????

Dumpster

Distributor

I had that same thought. I sent an E-mail to Richard Grace who wrote a detailed article on CJV35 on G503. He sent back that it was not the Bendix distributor that the CJV used. An internal exam revealed that the breaker point plate had a partial name in view ____O-LITE. see Photo.
Also the noise supresor had the name "AEROLITE" and AEROVOX
The mystery continues.

Attachments

Carter

Just saw this post, sorry for the late response but I believe the dist. is from a PE95 "I" series generator which was powered by a 134 Jeep engine. I know the picture quality is poor but it does seem to show the same kind of unit.

Attachments