• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Maine to Massachusetts

chevyCUCV

Hey all

I just bought a second M1008 in Maine and will be needing transportation back to mass.

Truck is non running and frankly i would prefer not to start it in front of the po.

It has one flat and will likely need a flat bed tow back.

It is parked in the woods just off the road. Looks like it will be difficult to get a trailer back there and the truck might need to be dragged out to the road

Any one in the area have a car trailer or better that can help out?

I am willing to pay and would much rather have money go to a SS than any towing company

Trip is from North Berwick, Maine to Bedford Massachusetts

Thanks all of SS

Attachments

Kalashnikov

How soon do you need it done? I have a bit of work to do on my 5 ton which will take at least a couple weeks since I have to go to PA to get tires on the 13thish.

chevyCUCV

I was hoping for the next week or two but i think i can arrange for more time.

Looks like were working the same as i am trying to get my current m1008 ready to roll again, if i can get mine going then i will look for a trailer rental to get it home

Do you have a trailer? IF i could rent one from you that could be a big help also

Thanks

tanhmmwv

I know a guy in Wear NH that may be able to help. he has a duaramax pickup and a trailer. do you want me to have him call you if he can do it?
Paul

Kalashnikov

I was hoping for the next week or two but i think i can arrange for more time.

Looks like were working the same as i am trying to get my current m1008 ready to roll again, if i can get mine going then i will look for a trailer rental to get it home

Do you have a trailer? IF i could rent one from you that could be a big help also

Thanks
Unfortunately no trailer. I was going to put it in the bed of my 5 ton. But I suppose flat towing would work fine as long as the tires will hold air or get some spares which I might have.

chevyCUCV

Man would i love to see a m1008 in the back of a 5 ton!
Loading that would be interesting.

I can come up with spares for a flat tow.
I dont have a tow bar though

My tires just shipped for my truck so i might be able to flat tow it,

Anybody have tow bar i could borrow/rent

chevyCUCV

Update i just mounted new tires on the truck,
Need to fix a few things before its road ready.

I could really use an equipment trailer or large car trailer if anyone has one they would rent out.

Willing to pay obviously and help work on trucks for exchange.