• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Not Reaching Running Temp

cucvrus

I also want to mention that minor leaks in head gaskets can make a 6.2 run cooler. I know from experience. it just seemed to get a little worse over a 5 year period. But I have seen a great increase in heat inside the cab since I changed my head gaskets and radiator. That seems to hold true on other vehicles. I am NOT saying that is the problem for everyone. But it was on 2 CUCV's I had. Happy Holidays. Pressure test the system real well.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into the same problem after installing a bigger 4 row rad and a 20 inch six blade fan. Since the coolant is flowing back to the rad from the heater core the engine is getting a dose of cold water that isn't controlled by the thermostat. I installed a ball valve in the heater hose and throttled the flow. This allowed the coolant to stay in the block longer and it warmed up. This idea didn't work out too well in the winter time when I needed the heater. I ended up plumbing the heater return hose into the water pump. There is a plug next to the passenger side alt. You will need a 45deg elbow, a close nipple, and a hose barb to get the hose to clear the passenger side alt. With the coolant going back to the block the colder coolant stayed in the rad and it warmed right up. Hope this helps