• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 6 inch lift ??????

REDWOLF

Ok future plans for my M1009 is to install Dana 60 axels front and rear with a locker in the rear. I have the rear axel it is a full floater 60, just need the front. I plan on installing a 6" lift and 35 inch tires. I have read on here before that you need to get a lift for a 3/4 ton pickup to get the correct springs? I surched but could not find the post so that is one question i have. Trying to gather all my parts before so i can due one big install at one time.

dstang97

It makes a difference. Order a kit for a k20. If you get rear springs order 52"s. Btw ditch the Dana 60 for a 14bff

REDWOLF

Thats what i thought i should order a kit for a k20, due to the spring width and the fact that the m1009 use 3/4 ton springs. Thanks. Yes i am doing rear springs do not like blocks. The axel i have may be a 14 bolt full floater i kind of forgot i even had it. it is out of a early 80 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. I know it is a full floater due to the axels bolts and the fact that i have a regular 14 bolt that is no a full floater. Know i just need to find a cheap dana 60 for the front.

REDWOLF

Does anyone know what eles i would need to do the axel swap and lift other than axels and the lift w/shocks and brake lines or lowering brakets. I am sure i will need new drive shafts just because of the biger ujoints on the 3/4 ton axels and probly longer for the 6" lift but what other stuff i maybe over looking. Thanks :wink:

86m1028

Just order a kit for a blazer. It will work just fine. Axles have nothing to do with it.
Unless you don't want to bolt them in.

The frt ubolt you will need for a Dana 60
(3 u bolts & 2 studs or 2 bolts)
Rear (dana 60) you will have to measure &
Have ubolts made.

I agree with what others have said
Go with a 14 bolt .

FYI all lift springs are the same width for
1/2, 3/4, & 1 tons

vinny-socom1

I run a 4" lift with 12bolt hummer wheels and 37" tires on the wifes M1009...NO ISSUES on clearance. you can order any of the lift kits just make sure you get a ubolt kits for the k20, truck springs are the same.
ditto on the 14bff

Vinny

ODdave

I dont see anything wrong with his choice of a 60 in the rear for a 1009. Yes the 14 bolt is stronger but the 60 has MUCH better options if you want to run a limited slip in the rear as opposed to a full locker. I really doubt the 6.2 is going to hurt it and he could always run a 60HD as well (35 spline shafts)