• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 console installation

GoldComet6

Just wanted to share some info on my console installation. Not saying it's the best way, but it might help some other members who are considering doing something similar.

Bought a Blazer/Suburban console off ebay weeks ago and decided to install it today. The civi model has four holes to mount it to the floor and uses a bracket at the rear to level it out. Mine didn't have it though, so I decided to use two small pvc drains that I roughed up and painted black instead. The back will sit on them to raise it about an inch or so. Also repainted part of the console where the cup holders are flat black - it needed to be freshened up.

Decided on the spot to mount it and drilled the holes in the floor. Placed the plastic drains under the rear of the console and drilled through them. You can see how it will be installed in one of the pics. The pvc drains sit on the floor and act as legs to raise the back up. Installed the hardware through the console bottom and tightened them down. Reinstalled the console cloth insert and the cup holder piece.

Done....looks pretty good & will be useful. It's pretty big, so it'll provide lots of storage space. Hope this provides some usefull info for those CUCV owners thinking about doing a console installation of your own.

Attachments

Last edited:

GoldComet6

I had some more pics........:)

At some point the rest of the interior will be freshened up - it's all different colors & shades. At least the console sorta matches the tan dash!!!rofl

Attachments

Last edited:

Hanns

Had exactly the same center console in my old civi Blazer. Looking at adding a locking Tuffy console in my M1009 to be able to lock up my radio and misc. gear. Looking good!

SPCHowe

Yeah, that's nice! It also came with a key and is very good shape for it's age.

You need something to put stuff in and the glove box is a mile away.....rofl
I put my -10 in there with my insurance and registration along with my trusty multimeter...not too much room for much else and ya it's quite a reach to it. Plus I need a cup holder if I'm going to survive the zombies! :cool:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had some more pics........:)

At some point the rest of the interior will be freshened up - it's all different colors & shades. At least the console sorta matches the tan dash!!!rofl
Nice job and thanks for sharing the pics too...

I almost bid on that console, but already had one (not installed yet) - glad you got it.

Where did your lower seat covers come from?

GoldComet6

Where did your lower seat covers come from?
That's the way it came from GL. Guess somebody at Ft Gordon decided it needed new ones and just grabbed some red vinyl and put them in. Nothing matches on the inside - tan doors & tailgate, burgandy door panels, tan dash, mismatched seat covers, and lots of green paint too! Maybe this gives it personality???? :roll:

thats clean I want one! where did you get it ?
Ebay - there are usually several to pick from. I liked the later Blazer style, so that's what I bought. You can get the early Blazer style too, but people want a lot more for them! :cookoo:

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the post! Always great to see improvements and "how-to" stuff! Looks purty sharp! [thumbzup] I was thinkin of fabbing one and didn't even realize that there were so many civy models already out there! :cookoo: I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can take an edge! LOL I'm sure it will be FULL of stuff in no time! rofl
God bless!
Tony:grin:

Midnight Rider

Looks good. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I ended up putting in some house speaker boxes in the center. I'm going to make something for storage to put on top of them later.

combatmech

I got mine from a junk yard as well. It was blue...now it's black. Have yet to install.... I got a $2 door matt from Lowe's for an insert.
That sure did turn out nice for ya. The odd colors inside makes my OCD kick in....LOL
Nice rig bro!![thumbzup]

GoldComet6

does it come with a insert ?
Yes - most of them like mine I saw on ebay had the insert. Others had a key and mounting bracket too.

Most of the older Blazer style consoles didn't have the cloth insert.

Guess you'll just have to keep searching to see what comes up.