• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Is there a guide for rebuilding the Saginaw Double Cardin CV?

Loco_Hosa

My M1009 hyper compressed the front driveshaft and broke the CV, causing a hell of an ugly clunk sound when in 4wd. I took it apart, shortened the shaft, but Im having trouble understanding how this CV goes back together and I would love some help. And yes, I tried to check the TMs and searched.

All of the pieces on the transfer case side were already gone when I took it apart, so I dont have a great idea of what it should look like all together.

Loco_Hosa

Yep, and also after seeing that "weld"... I'd recommend finding a good take-out part and replace the whole shaft.

Of course, it never hurts learning how things (should) work.
Ouch! Yeah, I was having some issues with the machine and a "Professional" had already cut it and welded it before.... but really mangled it. I am planning to grind it down and take a second pass.

With the 52inch front springs any driveshaft I pull will be too short, so Im better off to make it work with what I have.