• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

cucvrus

This M1009 is a 1984 model built 08/1983 the cables that ran to the rear radio were run on top of the floor. This hole is 1 1/4” IMG_0768.jpeg I used a standard hardware store steel plug and painted it to fill the void. I was going to weld it shut early on but wanted to retain the stock hole. IMG_0767.jpeg I hope you are having a great weekend. Take care. I am going to do a major up-fit now. I will report back.

cucvrus

IMG_0773.jpeg
IMG_0774.jpeg
I think I will call it a day. I made great progress. I still have the Wild Weasel wintering over here. I need to pressure wash and paint the rear frame section before I install the new lift springs. I don”t see that happening till spring. Take Care and have a Happy New Year. If weather permits I will do more in the next 2 days.

Sezzo

View attachment 913852
View attachment 913853
I think I will call it a day. I made great progress. I still have the Wild Weasel wintering over here. I need to pressure wash and paint the rear frame section before I install the new lift springs. I don”t see that happening till spring. Take Care and have a Happy New Year. If weather permits I will do more in the next 2 days.
The tires look great. Good choice.

cucvrus

I can thank Mr electric heater for my comfort and ability to make progress. IMG_0775.jpeg
I just hope the electric meter stays attached to the house as the meter is spinning out of control. I am always happy with the CUCV stance after replacing all 4 leaf springs with stock height springs. After 40 years they tend to sag and droop on the stock OEM springs. Worth the cost and effort.
IMG_0776.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg

cucvrus

I loved the Goodyear Duratraks on every vehicle I ever put them on. My Trail Boss is OEM equipped with these tires and I have 39k miles on them and they are still 9/32 tread. MTR were my favorite tires, but time has passed, and they went the way of the Wild wood weed and Dodo bird.

IMG_0778.jpeg

Last edited:

cucvrus

I spent the day after church taking in firewood. Currently that is my only heat source. This is the trashy wood I sorted out of my wood pile while I was splitting and stackingIMG_0782.jpeg now I need to get some helpers hete to stretch the tarp out on the pile. I have a few of the water bladders and they are that hard to handle when cold they are like sheet metal. After dark I went in the barn to look for bolts and parts. I am hand picking all of my fasteners. I havr lots of options. This what it looks like when you tear vehicles apart for a lifetime.

IMG_0784.jpeg IMG_0783.jpeg I have parts . I just need to find them. Nice that they are all inside. Ask if you need something I found things I forgot I had. Happy New Year 2024.

Sezzo

Imagine that I don”t have the bracket that goes on the dash. Oh well if I don”t find one I will just use a stock trim panel. I still have a GM one in the box. But I know one person that is smiling because I was able to save that warranty decal. Have a Great Day.View attachment 913928
I have a radio bracket. I can send it to PA if you want me to.

cucvrus

I am building it one piece at a time. I was sweating the nomenclature plate as I had lost it for many years. And recently I was unable to find it. It brings a tear to my eye. My Wife clipped it to the title and had it locked in the safe. WOW. IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0793.jpeg
It has a 3 digit VIN after the zeros. It matches the A pillar dash VIN.
Even small pieces installed clean and correct count. Every part installed is a step on the right direction . Now I will scrub duct work. IMG_0790.jpeg IMG_0791.jpeg I will report back later. The heater is a great thing. Happy New Year 2024 is going to be a great year.