• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 starter cable routing

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The starter cable on my 1009 was routed from the 24v bus bar under the frame and to the starter when I got it. This seems unusual and I'd like to return it to the factory routing, but haven't found a diagram in the TM showing what that would be.

Can anyone share a description or photo of how the starter positive cable should be routed?

The attached photos are what I have, and the coiled mess of 2/0 cable on the firewall is the end of the current too-long and misrouted starter cable

PXL_20240510_050057680.jpgPXL_20240510_050114236.jpgPXL_20240510_045942970.jpg

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case anyone has this question in the future, I ran the wire off the front of the starter up to the fuel pump area and up onto the inner fender with the slave port cables, and from there back to the 24V block on the firewall.

It's a relatively long cable, but it's the cleanest way I could find to keep it out of the exhaust. And at 2awg it's plenty for the starter even at that length.

I couldn't find any diagrams in the TMs for how the factory cable was routed, but this seems to work...

PXL_20240511_193659647.jpgPXL_20240511_193717017.jpg

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case anyone has this question in the future, I ran the wire off the front of the starter up to the fuel pump area and up onto the inner fender with the slave port cables, and from there back to the 24V block on the firewall.

It's a relatively long cable, but it's the cleanest way I could find to keep it out of the exhaust. And at 2awg it's plenty for the starter even at that length.

I couldn't find any diagrams in the TMs for how the factory cable was routed, but this seems to work...
You got it right. I don't have any great pictures but this is the best i have on my phone. You can see the red cable in the lower right/center. Cable goes from the starter, hangs on a hanger off an oil pan bolt like you have it, then across the top of the frame towards the front battery tray, then along the top of the fender liner near the fender and over to the 24V bar.

IMG_1567.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks