• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Thread size on tranny oil cooler line.

Redneck92

Hello guys and greetings from germany,

In a couple of weeks I´m reciving my restored M1009 from an local dealer.
I already ordered myself an additional transmission oil cooler since I think it will be better for driving long distances and trailer towing.

As far as I know the original tranny oil cooler is combined with the radiator and the hoses are threaded on the cooler.

The hoses on my additional oil cooler are slipped on and since it is very hard to get thread on to slip on adaptors here in germany I need to machine some by myself.

I would like to know from you guys what thread size the tranny oil cooler lines have so I can order the right thread tap and machine some adaptors at my workplace.

I hope someone can help me with this and knows the exact thread size.

Thanks and greetings Redneck92

rustystud

If I'm understanding you right, you want the size of the fitting that is in the radiator correct ? This is where the factory cooler is. Those threads are 3/8" inverted flare. Now some also used a 7/16" inverted flare (very rare) .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks