• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Project

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer started life an an M116A3 hence the heavy frame. I scrapped the body and put an A2 axle under it then added the body. One of those things I wished I'd kept.

jets1959

The trailer started life an an M116A3 hence the heavy frame. I scrapped the body and put an A2 axle under it then added the body. One of those things I wished I'd kept.
If I run out of room in my M1031 for tools it gives me an idea for haulling more. Plus by using the older style box there is no hole in the floor.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I run out of room in my M1031 for tools it gives me an idea for haulling more. Plus by using the older style box there is no hole in the floor.
Haha, there is a big hole in the floor. It's easy to cover up though. The hole was used for cooling of the gasoline powered welder/genset. The genset had a pallet on nylon slides so that it could be slid out for service. I included that with Doc's trailer. I had a 100 gallon transfer tank in there and it worked great.

Great idea Kenny i got a 100 gallon tank maybe i will put it in there . The boxes are now in the 1031 i put led lights in the back looks sweet . Gonna load her for Marango tomorrow as soon as i get the Bambalance back together broke 5 studs changin tires today. Naturally no one has 16 so will be in at 09:00 i will be there too. Then the loadin begins .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea Kenny i got a 100 gallon tank maybe i will put it in there . The boxes are now in the 1031 i put led lights in the back looks sweet . Gonna load her for Marango tomorrow as soon as i get the Bambalance back together broke 5 studs changin tires today. Naturally no one has 16 so will be in at 09:00 i will be there too. Then the loadin begins .
Don't they fit like they were made for it? I was so tickled to find them.

Well the new extra long studs are in the hub that side is ready for duals when i get back i will replace the drivers side which i with these . Have located the front hubs i need very soon it will be a dually. Probly not till after Dayton . For now i hope shes ready for the Marango trip

Hitch held up great just the rest of the truck didnt . Tomorrows todo list.
Fix brake line
Find 2 tires
Figure out what the funkie noise is coming from the flex plate and torque converter area. NOT GOOD
Fix A/C
Find more springs
Repack front hubs
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what your A/C issue is but the compressor relay is under the left bench in back. I believe Lavarok has access to those if you need one.