• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Rear light help

MilChevyguy

Hi SS pros...
Im just steps away from driving my M1010.....

BUT the rear lights have me hung up.....

Bought a set of duece tailights...not the right ones, (but may just add them anyway as I am missing the blackout cateyes)

Bought a set of Grote truck lights, were supposed to be off a CUCV...BUT the connector on harness is the Groto 68680 standard
and the harness connecting the 2 lights is factory short (like of a 30" or so frame comm truck)

On my M I have the round mil type of connectors for the blackout cateyes and GM Weather packs (2 terminals) on each side as per TM are the tailights.
But I don't understand how I get the reverse lights powered if there are only 2 terms!!

Can someone out there with an M1010 snap a picture of the harness connections to the truck from the lights?

I will post pics of what I have going on in a few. I think I have trolled every pic of every M1010 on Google and this site for a good shot of the lights.

IMG-20130508-00506.jpgIMG-20130508-00507.jpgIMG-20130508-00508.jpgIMG-20130508-00509.jpg

Thinking I will just make a harness from the truck lights that splits to the 2 term connectors on the truck rear.

Thanks in advance !!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks