• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 tires

connectingbar

Got a 101a1 from GL , JT picked it up for me and I picked it up this past weekend. It is in pretty good condition and has new fiberglass racks to boot. I plan on towing it with my F250 superduty so I changed the lights over to 12 volt civy lights. I want to change the 900 tires to something smaller but I want to keep the NDCC style. What are your thoughts on 700 x16 compared to the stock 900's ? are they too small or are they just right? Thanks

Mark2X2

Got a 101a1 from GL , JT picked it up for me and I picked it up this past weekend. It is in pretty good condition and has new fiberglass racks to boot. I plan on towing it with my F250 superduty so I changed the lights over to 12 volt civy lights. I want to change the 900 tires to something smaller but I want to keep the NDCC style. What are your thoughts on 700 x16 compared to the stock 900's ? are they too small or are they just right? Thanks

The only thing I dislike about my M101 is those great big traction tires on it. Makes the trailer to tall. I think a smaller tire would be great, do they have a decent load rating? I have a couple 16/245 off a one ton I'm going to try, should drop my height 2".
I flipped the light assemblies and and turned so the black outs are up. The lights are much more visible now. only takes a few minutes, if your not using the black outs anyway.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I put the LED lights that I was selling for 40$ a set and not 77$ a set like another SS member and I also put on 265/75 tires. Yes there civy but it fits the Tahoe and 2500 perfect. I would NOT put 700's on that wide of a rim... your asking for trouble.

gerrykan

You may also consider 7.50x16 NDT assuming they are still available.

I've got a M101A1 with 7.50x16 highway treads on it, and it rode level behind a 2-wheel drve Dodge D150.

Ratch

I thought this was going to be a post about the 1960's tires on the A1's leaving the government lately. Probably a problem worth it's own thread...

But if I may hijack this thread... Is it possible to put regular light-duty truck tires on the A1/Budd rims? Does the split ring matter? Westy, is that what you did with those 265/70's?

Ratch

I put the LED lights that I was selling for 40$ a set and not 77$ a set like another SS member and I also put on 265/75 tires. Yes there civy but it fits the Tahoe and 2500 perfect. I would NOT put 700's on that wide of a rim... your asking for trouble.
Did you put those 265's on a Budd/A1 rim, or an A2 rim?

gerrykan

Post up a few pictures I would like to see them.:beer:
You may be a little disappointed by the pictures, if you were wanting to see how the 7.50's fit in the M101A1 wheel well.
The M101A1 I referred to has a Dodge stepside bed on it.
The 7.50 on the trailer is about 30" tall, so you could measure 15" out from the center of the axle hub to get an idea of how they would fit your trailer.

It was almost dark by the time I got home, and I just use this one to collect brush in nowadays.
I keep it hid behind some bushes, not out on display, so I couldn't stand back for a good profile shot.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks