• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 with HardTop Conversion to Power Center and Camper

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M101a2 Trailer with Hard Top, that Im wanting to convert into a Self Contained Power Center and Camper.

I have not had much time to work on it this summer due to the crazy heat, so now im only a week away from a 4 day Ham Radio Show Im doing in Shelby North Carolina and im 2 months away from the GA Rally. So until I can afford the Ductless system and have time to install it, im wanting to purchase a small portable air conditioner for the trailer, so I can sleep at night. I have access to 110 power hat Ham Show, Not sure yet what I will do at GA Rally.

Has anyone tried using any of the portable air conditioners in a trailer?

If so how did it work out?

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used a 5kBTU AC unit driven by a Honda 2kw generator in a vinyl covered M101A2 trailer that kept me cool at night. Haven't tried it during the day in the sun.

I set it on the tailgate with the front of the AC on the bed, and covered the back opening of the trailer with a tarp tucked in around the sides of the AC.

Last edited: