• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a3 Brake bleeder wrench size

bigbe5678

Hi Everyone
I have a question I was hoping one of you guys would know. I have a M101a3trailer I want to bleed the brakes but none of my wrenches seem to fit. I dont wantto strip it with pliers. I checked the TM it doesent state any size wrench to use. Thanks for any help :neutral:

oddave715

I just checked the manual under bleeding procedure and it doesn't tell what size. Preliminary testing shows that a 10mm fit but seemed a little loose, 9mm and 3/8 didn't want to go. Could be that the paint was interfering. I will be working on mine in the near future as I believe mine has water in the master cylinder.

Last edited:

bigbe5678

Hi oddave715
Thanks for the info I will try the mm wrenches. I was driven to a tiny rigidpipe wrench but couldn’t get close do to tire in the way. I had to change myM/C due to rust and crud in it. I wonder if the calibers are as bad as the M/Cn if that’s the case have to take off the wheel any way to change the calibers.