• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 need key code for older SECM body

lordkevork

I have been searching everywhere for a key code for the SECM body. Anyone know what it is? If i can get a key cut it would save me the time of taking a lock out and taking it to the locksmith. The trucks are 84,86 chevy DRW M1028A3's with the old utility bodies with welder,compressor, genset from the dodge cucv i think.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your sigline says you have 2 of these trucks.

You have no key? Or do you just want to know the key cut code?

An advanced search in the cucv forum for key code will get your answer in about 2 min.

lordkevork

yes i have two of these trucks. I have truck keys but not the key for utility body locks. i tried the search and came up empty unless i'm searching with wrong search term

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, I'm sorry, I thought you meant for the ignition,aua.

Great question, and I do not think it has been covered or answered before.

Hopefully another member with one of those trucks may have an answer.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several. I've seen them range from CH501 - CH504, there could possibly be more.

New lock cylinders can be ordered from Industrial Hardware Distributor's in Ohio. Should be an Eberhard 15621

rickf

If these are the paddle handle latches I just saw them at Tractor Supply today. Something to think about if you don't find keys. any locksmith should be able to look them up, are there any numbers on the face of the lock? worse case scenario is get a blank and impression a key. That is kind of hard on wafer tumbler locks though. You can end up damaging the lock if you are not careful.

Rick

lordkevork

Well, now I know who out bid me on those trucks. :drool::drool::drool:
LOL We bid them up there didn't we? What do you think they are worth? Some ppl think i'm nuts for paying that much for them and some think it was a good deal. i'm happy with them though, They actually run mint and were loaded with plenty of good tools too. Going to use one as a plow truck and the other just a toy to add to the collection.

thanks for the info everyone. i'm probably just going to pop em out and take em to my buddy the locksmith.

M1031CMT

Yup you will pretty much have to take a lock off and bring it to the locksmith to get a key matched. There are many different key codes for these trucks. Is what we did for our M1031. We were out the door with a couple of keys in 10mins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks