• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 brake lights

rhyne6262

order a new trailer harness from alfaheaven for my 105 , installed it today and have turn signals, parking lights, and flashers, but no brake lights. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Regards
Adam R.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the grounds? The rear tail lights ground to the trailer chassis by means of the bolts that contact the light to the bracket. Make sure the locking washers are making contact with the metal. Also, check your trailer plug. I've had pins that were loose and others that were jammed in so they did not make connection. Once I made sure the trailer plug was in order, the lights worked. Give it a shot.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before all that, be sure the truck is running otherwise your brake lights won't work.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: m105 brake lights

Do the truck brake lights work? Or, does the truck have the air side brake switch upgrade? If it does, there needs to be enough air in the truck to make the switch work.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: m105 brake lights

Thanks Will. That is what i meant to say. Mine has the air side brake switch upgrade so my brake lights don't work unless the air is built up.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under my m105 the other day and noticed the wiring was in pretty bad shape. I've got a bunch of bare spots (can't believe it hasn't shorted out). I was going to just make up my own harness but afer reading this I may buy one. What do they run price wise?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks