• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 came home today.... Ho-lee-cow, its one heavy duty trailer!

maddog

Now I knew its dimensions, weight, looks, and heard all of you saying what a massive piece of heavy metal it is, but still, I had no idea.:eek:

My buddy and I just started laughing when we saw it this morning. ITS HUGE.
Towed real nice though.

It is the version that has the metal box cover with the doors in the back. I didnt know this but its a pop top! The outer shell raises up, pins in place and you have standing height inside. The doors in the upper (outer) part hinge and swing out, the doors on the lower part slide to the side and the tailgate works together with everything nicely. The entire thing is constructed to fit inside the trailer and sit on the edge of the bed with legs that extend to the floor inside. It just sits there, no bolts or welds that I can see. I guess that extra few hundred pounds of steel cant jump up and out of the trailer and is easily changable to another trailer.

One great trailer but I think I need the 3/4 ton.
I will be looking to sell it or trade it for a smaller one.
I wont get the poptop cover on a 3/4 ton, but thats ok.

Green_gator

I would bet you that if you lift the top part up that they have some additions that are slid down into the stake pockets to hold it in place.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

saddamsnightmare

March 19th, 2010.

Maddog:

That is probably some variation on the sewing shop/ or shop trailer insert for the M105. Without the box and with the standard cover, they are humongus, with the box, they are just plain huge. I can never figure out why the rocket scientists always want to pull these things with their modified Jeeps, as if any civillian Jeep has any hope of controlling one of these. Behind a Unimog S404.114 they can be handled at low speeds, but the Unimogs don't have brake gear or wiring harnesses compatible with these monsters and they really don't like handling them. (Ask me how I know that one???). Behind an M35 they are a charm if the brakes are working right, and you only know they are back there on tight turns, otherwise only the shadow gives them away....

Good score!!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

blacktop_one

Great top on that one. You gotta post some pics of the interior, and in particular, the doors and locking pin arrangement! Curious as to how that works!