• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 is coming home!

Welder Sam

Well, after much debate and ups and downs, my m109 is coming home monday. I know little about it other than its i nice shape bodywise, looks to be complete, no batteries, and no fuel. It will be here monday mid day-ish. Im very excited! This is my first of 4 planned. I dont know if i will make it run. Thats not why i got it. Its a parts truck. Now to figure out how to unload it! :D:beer:

91W350

I would have to try to get it running, there is no doubt about it. I would just have to do it, regardless of the end plans, parts, whatever, I have to try... it is a sickness I am telling you, I just have to try....

Welder Sam

Ya ya i know, no pics. Cant upload'em just now. My apologies. I may see if a friend will help us out.

Im not sayin that i wont play with it some but, i really want to get it torn down to the frame so i can make the tounge and take it hunting! In another week, i hope to have a winch truck home! Its modern gun deer season here boys and im itchin to get out there! Out there is over an hrs drive each way tho. When i go, i wanna stay awhile, ya know

ARYankee

No problem... I even have you covered for Monday. I'm taking the day off so I will be over there in the morning with the Camo Coupe :)

Welder Sam

Dar, im not stayin long. From the cab forward is leaving asap. Then, i spose ill get reclassified into the 309 club. Thanks to the Morgans, Neil, and others for inspiring me.

292? It must be across the way. Sorry, i didnt pay much attention to those. Theres several expandables facing the 109 some are 2.5tons and theyre all in various states of disrepair. One looked like itd been slid sideways into a tree

axlr8

May I ask where you purchased her from? And Whats happening to the frame and the cab forward? P.S. Deer season opens here this weekend. :D time to break out the Ole' leven eighty seven! Good Luck Sam!

Welder Sam

The cab is going to be used for my crewcab. The hood and fenders will likely go on that one too. The hard top will go onto yet another truck. The frame will be measured off, cut, and drawn in to form a tounge. The remainder will stay with the enginge/trans and get legs welded on for a storage stand.

It starts soon here if it hasnt already! Gotta get movin now that i can!

Welder Sam

Turns out that it was driven onto the trailer when it was picked up by the current owner abt 6 months ago. Maybe with some batteries and fresh fuel itll start!

3dAngus

That one is way to nice to be a parts truck. Getting it running should not be much of a problem if it was driven on a trailer a while back. You might have to fill the tank in case of air leaks, but that and batteries and fuel filters should get you going.

Good luck with it.

Welder Sam

Thanks Angus. If i can get it going, ill pimp it around some. May even take it hunting soon, but, come warmer weather and its getting dismantled. Since its such a nice truck, itll be used to make something nicer. The cab will go for our crewcab and the box will be a camper.

Welder Sam

Hot dang! Its home! Was running before it hit the bottom of the trailer ramps! Without batteries!
:jumpin::jumpin:
A great big THANK U TO ARYANKEE for comin out to help me out!

Was missing a pipe plug in the coolant line, just behind the upper radiator hose and got a broken air line that we THINK goes to a gladhand.

Smooth running. Steers good. Stops good, even at 0lbs air. :driver::driver: