• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 swap to M1025A2 help.

Odakrem

Hello all!

I maintain a in a small fleet of decommissioned military vehicles(5 5-Tons, one HMMWV, a MTV, 2 HEMMTS,).

My boss has a M1097A1(pic 1)and just bought the hard top from the M1025A2(pic2), I'm tasked with putting this all together.

I had a question to ask.....

1. Are there any write ups about doing this?

2.none of the slant back mounting holes are on the 1097, do I just need to make my own mounting holes?

3. There are a line of rivets along the edge where the slant back sides sit, do I need to cut all them out so the side sit flush, or does the gasket that's supposed to go under it fill the gap(pic 3,4,5)?image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

dilvoy

A thick gasket goes between the sponsons and fenders. There are special hat type washers used for that area too. You need to at least get a Parts TM so you can see what the hardware parts are. Once you have that, you can figure out how to install the big parts.

Odakrem

Thanks for the replies, I grabbed up the Tim and got nsn/part numbers for all the stuff needed, the gasket for the sponsons, the "b" pillar brackets that accept the hard top, the brackets for the rear door/sponsons area. Money is no problem for my boss, so we have our parts guy trying to order all the stuff. I'll post updated pictures when they become available. I'm also in the progress of swapping out the 6.2l motor and trans with a 6.5l motor and trans. So look for that post as I'm sure to have questions.