• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m113 on ebay

dabtl

I do not think foreign armor presents the problems our surplus does. I just noticed you are in Canada so other rules apply there. You folks can own many weapons we cannot. And, of course, we can own many that you cannot.

B3.3T

Owning any armor in the U.S. is not a matter of law, its a matter of availability. There are several M-113's in private hands, one for sale right now in Brevard, NC. A few Lynx are here- former Canadian and Dutch. Nothing is illegal, and certainly nothing in Canada that we can't own here.

22b

Didn't imply you couldn't own them, just curious HOW they got out, and who's got them. The Lynx's in the US came from Germany, and are still technically under final disposal approval by the US State Dept. Same agency that forbid the civilian sale of the New Zealand M113's decades after they were bought. It's in the contract. Lots of stuff evidendtly slipped through the cracks, but like grandpas unregistered war souvenier, still not legal. We can import anything back into Canada, including Canadian made vehicles. You can't.

Last edited:

dabtl

Owning any armor in the U.S. is not a matter of law, its a matter of availability. There are several M-113's in private hands, one for sale right now in Brevard, NC. A few Lynx are here- former Canadian and Dutch. Nothing is illegal, and certainly nothing in Canada that we can't own here.
I tend to agree with you generally. However, my experience in Civil War Re-enacting and collecting always leads me to caution anyone buying large and interesting military equipment to always make sure they have good title.

I also agree that nothing is 'illegal' but I also point out it is a matter of who has title to the property.

While looking for some parts in Ft. Worth I was touted to a field with some deuces that looked to be available for parts. When I got to the site, I also noticed a fully armed M60 Tank sitting there. I knew it was either a government facility or a DoD approved museum. Turns to be a government rebuild facility. I do not know of any civilian with a fully armed M60.
Possession of property you do not own is illegal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks