• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116 TM or Transmission ID

tktsales

Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of TM 9-2320-223-25P for the M116. What I really need to know is what exact model transmission is used in this carrier. I was able to find a vague listing that says GM 4 speed transmission. The transmission should have been built by the Allison Division of GM but I need to know the exact model number or designation. I would love to have the TM as well if anyone has a copy. Thanks Ted

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes the 301MG or 303M, I forget which. Same as 114 carrier. Do you need one?

tktsales

I have found a copy of the 301MG TM 9-8025-2 which provided me with enough to know it is not what I am after. DLA FLIS info must be wrong on this. I have a Bevel gear 8351328 which FLIS shows end item M116. This gear has got to be a cross drive configuration.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 116 and 114 have a cross drive transmission which is separate from the GM 4 speed mounted to the 283.

tktsales

Ok would that be the steering differential? Possibly the GS100 unit PN 8351357. We might be getting somewhere. I have searched and search for info on this unit without any luck. a TM On this unit would be great..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok would that be the steering differential? Possibly the GS100 unit PN 8351357. We might be getting somewhere. I have searched and search for info on this unit without any luck. a TM On this unit would be great..
Yes that is the correct p/n for the 114/117 unit. If you have parts for the inside of this, those are pretty much a dead item.

tktsales

Yes they are old and very limited numbers left in any kind of use but I don't throw anything away and I like to be able to know what I have and identify with the proper numbers. I greatly appreciate your assistance in figuring out this application.. Best Regards Ted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks